What you need
Directional skills to understand basic directions and repetition
Indoor area with a flat surface for Dash to move around
Depends on the learner, assistance may be required to guide or facilitate
In this activity, learners plan and build a sequence of movements to trace simple shapes.
- Place a large sheet of paper on a hard and flat surface and tape its edges to the floor.
- Tape a marker on each side of Dash.
- Place one of the printed shapes on the large sheet and tape it to secure it in place.
- Turn on Dash and start using the coding environment to make Dash trace the shape on the paper.
- If you are doing this activity on a tabletop or an elevated surface, block the edges to prevent robots from falling.
- If you don’t have access to a printer, you can draw or use masking tape to build a shape on the large sheet of paper.
- Make sure the marker tips can touch the paper.
- Traced lines may not be straight and accurate as markers may move in different directions.
Complete this activity again with a new shape or pattern.