What you need
Device to access the Weavly and/or Blockly, and Dash and Dot
Indoor space with a flat surface
Depends on the learner, could be independent/group; assistance may be required to guide or facilitate
In this activity, learners can explore different movements and visual and audio options for Dash and Dot. As they try its different features, learners will become familiar with the block-based coding environment, such as Blockly or Weavly.
- Open Block.ly or Weavly.
- Connect Block.ly or Weavly to Dash or Dot.
- Use the Block.ly or Weavly blocks to create a sequence for the robot you have connected.
- Find the setting panel for light.
- Select three different light options to see on Dash or Dot.
- Find the setting panel for sound.
- Select three different sound options to see on Dash or Dot.
- Adjust the parameters for your selected blocks, such as changing color or sound.
- Play your sequence to see how Dash or Dot is performing your program.
- Ensure batteries are charged and Dash and Dot is operational prior to the activity.
- Set up space with dim light and a relatively quiet environment to detect visual and/or audio changes.
- Creative Thinking
- Create a sound recording as an audio option for Dash or Dot to play.
- Change all lights on Dash or Dot a specific color, such as Green.